Unicancer is pleased to have ranked 12 Cancer Centers (CLCC) among the best hospitals specializing in cancer research in the world, including 2 in the top 50 according to the World’s Best Hospitals 2021 ranking by the American magazine Newsweek.
“We are proud to see that more than half of CLCCs are ranked among the best cancer hospitals in the world. The model of care for cancer patients within the CLCCs is unique and this international recognition underscores the strength and excellence of our network, supported by common values and commitments, at the service of the patient. It also testifies to our constant quest for excellence in healthcare, research and higher education”, said Jean-Yves Blay, President of Unicancer.
Gustave Roussy and the Institut Curie are ranked respectively in 5th and 31st places in the world ranking and 10 other CLCCs are in the first 100 (in alphabetical order):
- Center Antoine Lacassagne, CLCC of Nice
- Center Léon-Bérard, CLCC de Lyon
- Center Jean Perrin, CLCC de Clermont-Ferrand
- Center François Baclesse, CLCC de Caen
- Bergonié Institute, CLCC de Bordeaux
- Lorraine Institute of Cancerology, Nancy CLCC
- West Institute of Cancerology, Angers CLCC
- Paoli-Calmettes Institute, Marseille CLCC
- Regional Cancer Institute Montpellier
- IUCT Oncopole, CLCC de Toulouse
The Newsweek survey included 40,000 physicians, healthcare professionals and hospital managers in more than 20 countries.
“In this context of health crisis, this recognition from our peers shows the exemplary nature and the know-how of our teams within all of the Unicancer CLCCs. Doctors, caregivers and more generally all the men and women of the network work tirelessly at the service of patients, to ensure the continuity of their care under maximum safety conditions”, specifies Sophie Beaupère, General Delegate of Unicancer.